Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Delivery

We went to the doctor on Monday afternoon April 2, and the OB asked if we were ready for an induction, baby was measuring 40 weeks already so they were ready to get him out. Bryt had been miserable for all of March and had already been dilated to a 3 for 2-3 weeks. She was more than ready for him to come. The doc left and came back with good news! We would be delivering the next day and had to be to the hospital at 6am. We were very excited to get this thing rolling. We went to St Joes Tuesday morning at 6 and had a pretty slow day with not much progress. Around 6pm Bryt was finally dilated to a 5, she had been on the epidural all day so she was getting pretty goofy, we were having a very good time together. At 7:25, just before the shift change she had two really painful contractions, she buzzed in the nurse to get checked. The nurse said "Oh, I don't feel your cervix anymore!"
Then Bryt said, "Oh No! What's that mean?" It was so funny, you could tell she instantly started thinking something was wrong. So now it was time to Push!

Here is me just after that, I was not doing too good with this delivery.... I asked my sister to stay behind me just in case I went down. Our nurse told us to hang on for a few minutes while they did the shift change. 5 minutes later a whole team of doctors and nurses, and NICU nurses rushed into the room. They had just started their shift, and Michael was coming out fast. Bryt pushed about 6 times and out he popped. They pulled him out and let him get some chest time with mommy.  I was walking around the room aimlessly with doctors and nurses telling me I should sit down.  Baby Michael was here and ready for life!
Happy mommy gets to hold her baby right away
Our little man smiling and ready to take on the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment