Monday, June 11, 2012

Ready or Not


Let's try this again. Going on day 4 at home. It's taking me a little bit longer to get into the swing of things. I am on an extreme schedule between Michaels feedings and his meds. I'm so excited that this round of medications is giving him a break to be a normal baby. He's so happy and he's eating a lot better by bottle now. I'm not having to tube feed him as much each time.

He was feeling much better and was so interactive at the hospital this time. They had an IV on his hand and there was a piece sticking out that he liked to suck on. I've been noticing him trying to find his thumb at home now and it's just not the same. *sad face*

Friday morning came around and they were getting ready to send us home again. Michael made the nurse and me proud by finishing his whole bottle at 6am. Then he decided he needed to poop. He was trying so hard that he threw up all his milk AND his tube. Quickest reaction I ever had. I hooked the little piece by his nose and pulled the whole thing through. Just thinking about it makes me want to shake. It was so gross!
This is how much he likes that feeding tube.





All of his nurses decided He misses them at home and that's why he needed to keep coming back. I had to admit that I missed them to. They make everything look so easy. I hope I can start to make things look as easy as they do.

I remember when my grandpa was in the hospital. A frail 80 year old man barely walking. He always had enough energy to tease the nurses. Michael definitely follows close to him. I'm sure my grandpa taught him all he knows.



The volunteers at Children's brought some toys in for the kids to play with. Michael got a pretty rad one for his crib. He would barely take his eyes off it. Lights, Sounds, Movement. He was in heaven! It was so much fun watching him get so excited when I'd start it up.



I got some fun pictures of him during his EKG. Dr Octavius doesn't have anything on Michael!



The rest of the family is finally getting the opportunity to meet Michael. And he gets to meet all of his cousins. I am thrilled that he is so close in age to his cousins like Zoey. It is so much fun watching Zoey run around with her cousins. Her aunt and grandma had a fairy tea party this weekend and it was so much fun! I picked out a cute outfit for her to wear over but her fashion won over mine. She went in MY tie dye shirt. It was awesome. And then after I called her awesome she said "No, I'm Superman!" Haha I love this girl!



Michael had a pretty chill time over at grandmas and his heart monitor only went off once while we were there. I had a follow up apt with his EP team at Children's today and the doctor told me he was the one reviewing the strips that had been sent and confirmed that the monitor was catching regular 'Michael' rhythm. They said everything looks and sounds great and he's finally getting the opportunity to relax. At home there is minimal poking and prodding and even when there is it usually is coming from Zoe. I need to give him a bath today since he's starting to smell like Zoey spit from all her kisses. She loves her baby brother so much.

 ~ And he's pretty fond of her to ~

No comments:

Post a Comment