Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Quality Time

We've beat our record! We've been home for almost two weeks with our baby boy. Going on day 12 we are finally getting quality time with Michael. Watching and learning and hopefully not making many mistakes. He continues to gain weight at a really good level which is above the percentage they were hoping for. This boy continues to amaze me each and every day.

It is so nice being home everyday with him and Zoey. They make the days interesting and make them go by pretty fast as well. I live for Michaels feeding schedule to keep him gaining weight and to keep things fairly normal for him. Today he drank almost two full bottles by himself which is amazing! I joke with his therapists that come to our house and tell them that feeding him is like a sport (Extreme Pacing). You have to pace the bottle carefully and watch his face the whole time to see when he starts to swallow so that you can lower it just slightly. He also has an extreme gag reflex so if you put the bottle or paci in his mouth without him taking it in himself he usually gags pretty good. It's scary because I don't want him to throw up his tube again. I know I need to change it out Friday. Friday he'll have had the same tube in for two weeks which is the limit and it will need to move to the other side.

He is getting to meet all his cousins and hang out with the family now. We get a lot of people asking us about his feeding tube and kids pointing at him asking why his nose is gross. It's kind of funny explaining it to the kids but I think I've narrowed it down to just saying that it's for his milk because he can't drink his bottle yet because he's sick still. Usually that stops the questions from getting out of control.




Zoey is growing and learning so much. She loves SpiderMan and painting hers and daddy's nails. She wants to be Superman and a Princess in the same day. She loves coloring and last night started drawing on some paper. She told us she drew a monster face. She then continued to draw the same thing over and over again. She was actually drawing faces with two eyes and a squiggly mouth on each. It's so exciting watching both of my kids grow in so many ways day after day.









Being a mother of two is new and it keeps me on my toes. I can't explain the love I have for these two amazing kids as it outweighs anything I've ever understood. Sleeping and eating wait until they both have everything they need. Sitting is not always an option but I squeeze in a moment here and there. Zoey loves her brother so much and he grins at her enough that I know he is loving her to.

I will try to keep the blog up to date weekly. Thank you so much for those that continue to follow our story and for the love and support you continue to bless us with. We are so thankful for everyone that has prayed for our baby and our family as well. The prayers are being heard and answered every day. Every day Michael lives is a miracle in my life and I will never stop being amazed by the miracles the Lord has blessed me with through this little baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment