Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Faith in Healing

This mornings rounds just came by. Rounds is where the Cardiologists, Nurse Practitioner, and Nurse all go over stats and progress. Overnight and this morning Michaels progress has been great. Jaron shared earlier that his bandages are completely gone. They are very impressed that he is breastfeeding and need me to breastfeed at each feeding today. 
After Zoey had her doctors appointment this morning I felt an overwhelming feeling that there was something more I needed to share with this blog. Jaron just showed me that we have almost 4500 views from just starting days ago. Each one of these people are able to see what we are going through and how we are overcoming our trials. Every ones love and prayers have been with us but I'd like to share more about my own prayers and blessings I am receiving because of my faith. Before I had Michael I received a blessing from my dad. In this blessing  I was told that Michael would be born at term, he would be healthy and strong at birth, and that I would be able to raise him. We've received many blessings since whether they be for comfort or healing they've made this experience easier to live through. 
Without being able to see Zoey lately my prayers are getting closer together and with no offense, a little more demanding. I need my daughter and I need my son. Heavenly Father understands my needs and I know he is able to provide. With Michael living and breathing and progressing each day I am able to know this without question. Last night I was still distraught as my daughter was still sick and the first doctor she saw decided not to treat her. She had another apt this morning with whichever doctor was available to see her. I didn't care who saw her I just needed her to be seen and to be treated. In my prayer last night I decided to use my faith and tell Heavenly Father what I needed and when. I know he can heal my daughter and he will. I know I will be able to see her in a couple days and the doctor this morning would find what was ailing her and treat her with what her little body needs. 

Talking with her Grandma after her appointment confirmed my faith at a higher level. My testimony of my Father in Heaven has grown. The only doctor available this morning was the head of Kaiser pediatrics in this area. Jaron's mom told her of the situation we were in with Michael and how we weren't able to see our daughter because of this. She was aware of our situation because she had set up our delivery at St Josephs and our transportation to Children's. She did a very thorough exam for Zoey and is treating her for a sinus infection, influenza and possible asthma. She will be better in a couple days and I will be wrestling her to the ground with hugs when I see her. I know we are not doing this alone, we have a wonderful support system behind us. We are so grateful for all the parents at Take-A-Break and all of the family that continues to support us. I know God sent this doctor to see Zoey this morning and I believe my prayer last night was heard.  You have all been so wonderful! Thank you for everything.

We appreciate you sharing our story with others, and hope it keeps you and your families closer than ever. I'm hoping this is keeping everyone updated and that it can put a smile on your face as it has mine during this difficult time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment