Sunday, July 1, 2012

So Blessed

Today Michael received his name and blessing in the church. When we had been at the hospital there were several times I was uncertain that we'd actually make it to this point. I am thrilled that so many people were able to make it and want to thank them again so much for coming. Today was so important to us and it couldn't have gone better. I was able to stand up and bear my testimony on the blessings we've received and the strength our faith in Christ has brought us. We have so much gratitude for the people that have given so much service and prayers for our family. We continue to see goodness in everyone around us. Michael has brought a new light into our lives and I know that light will shine forever.

We are extremely happy that Michael is so healthy and doing well. Every doctors visit goes well and his therapists say the only thing he's behind in is eating. Within the last few days Michael has pulled his feeding tube out multiple times. This morning at 3am I woke up to feed him and saw that he'd pulled it out again in his sleep so I decided to let him go the day without it. Yesterday he didn't do as well with his bottle feeds so I was a little concerned but starting with the 3am and going up til now he has met his goals. It takes a little longer for him to eat and I have to break up the times a little but he met his daily goal.

This week will be somewhat busy again with doctors appointments but I look forward to telling them his progress. He is one of the happiest babies I've seen which I've heard is somewhat abnormal for Cardiac kids. We had a great time with our family today during Sacrament Meeting and because it's the first Sunday of the month we had Fast and Testimony meeting. I fasted to show my gratitude to my Heavenly Father and bore my testimony of the blessings I've been given according to my faith. So many family members followed and bore their testimonies as well. I love hearing Michael's story through others and how he's touched their lives. I'm overwhelmed with the blessings he's brought to my family and with how close we've all become. Family and friends and people we haven't even met have gathered together to hear his story and follow it continually. His story goes on...

No comments:

Post a Comment