Thursday, April 26, 2012

Man Time

Bryt is with Zoey today so me and Mike had some man time. We watched football and threw back a few cold ones. The nurses didn't really approve, but I wanted to show him a good time while his mom wasn't around. We were having a blast! This is him after his first 3 ounces, I couldn't get him to stop laughing.
I'm kidding of course.. He's not old enough to follow a football game! This is him after the second 3 ounces.
 
Totally wasted! He couldn't even hold a conversation. 

Joking aside, he is doing pretty good today. He had some arrhythmia most of the night, which is a bit scary.  They upped his meds and he has been in a good sinus rhythm for the last 2-3 hours. They think it was just from the transition to oral and there was a little gap in his anti-arrhythmic coverage. He was smiling and making all these goofy faces this morning, but every time I tried to get a pic he made some movement and I got a ridiculous photo. 
I don't have much to write today. This is just a slow process and everyone wants to make sure he is not going to give us a scare. I think Bryt and I are both getting worn out, we can't wait for next week when Zoey can come with us to meet him. Today it was just me and him and I got to hold him for a couple hours. He is starting to look like a little human, he is looking around and kicking and arching and trying to roll. I think he is doing really good. Here are some more pics.


And then this one for the ladies...
I am so proud of my little soldier. He is doing awesome!


1 comment:

  1. Jaron and Bryt, I have been following your writings on your blog of this intense adventure. You say what a trooper Michael is but you both are also in the same league. It is heartwarming to hear your faith increase and try to be positive as you are on this tough road. Also, thanks for sharing the drawing for Zoey, just awesome! And I LOVED your sense of humor hangin' out with your buddy! Humor is a healer of it's own kind at times. Hang in there! Love Coreen Engstrom and the family

    ReplyDelete