Monday, April 9, 2012

CICU Neighbors

Michael is doing good, we can hold him whenever we want now, and he is pretty stable.  We have a couple new neighbors in here though. They are in the same situation were in a couple days ago, one of the babies is a bit older and they have to keep giving him shots. You can tell this place freaks him out and he does not like getting poked.  There is also an older couple here with a brand new daughter, she has issues similar to Michael's and she had her surgery this morning. Her parents were able to see her for the first time around 9pm.  I tried to warn her father about the 'accessories' but I don't know if you can really prepare anyone to see their brand new child like that. Just walking past her little room, I started crying again. It's so hard to look at a sweet little soul going through so much right when they come into this life.
I appreciate every one of you following my families journey through this. I would like to ask you to please pray for this sweet little girl tonight, she still has all her doctors around her, including one of the surgeons. I can't imagine the fear her parents are experiencing now. This is a hard place to stay, even though Michael is doing great. It's so hard to see other families going through this. Please keep your hearts open for this  little girl and her parents. I don't know any of their names and have only talked to them twice, but I know they can use all the extra strength they can get right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment